Sacrifices are not always the ones we expect.
What should you sacrifice? Gold? Your Uncle’s respect? Your workers well being? The choice is yours!
GOAL Maximize your final score!
Controls: Mouse Only
Setting : Uncle John has a mining company. It’s still at the start of the business, but everything seems to be going well. He has three happy employees and has $30 in reserves. After one year of hard work, that means he is looking forward to go on a holiday. Because he has trust in you and seeks a potential successor in the family, he would like you to keep an eye on the business while he is on a trip to the nicest beaches in Jamaica. During this period of two weeks, he has given you all the rights to do anything you can to keep the company running.
- Pickaxe - Improves working speed. Equipping your workers with the proper tools is extremely important for their efficiency and self-esteem.
- Helmet - Mandatory protection equipment for diggers.
- Coffee - Improves working efficiency, but your workers will start taking breaks when they feel like it.
- Stimpack - Dramatically improves working efficiency. Drugs are bad.
- Red Worker - Costs 2 coins at the end of the day, 4 when you hire him. Severely underpaying people is very bad.
- Orange Worker - Costs 5 coins at the end of the day, 10 when you hire him. Underpaying people is bad.
- Blue Worker - Costs 10 coins at the end of the day, 20 when you hire him.
- Green Worker - Costs 20 coins at the end of the day, 40 when you hire him.
I will implement a leaderboard in a post-jam version, but in the meantime you can post your score in the comments if you want to share it.
|Authors||Space Monkey, Disto, J-Star|
|Tags||artificial-intelligence, clicker, Ludum Dare, Ludum Dare 43, Management, meaningful-choices, Minimalist, Pixel Art, Real time strategy|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
5103... But I saw that you did 5400... ^^ (How o_O ? Tell me Master!)
Haha I'm glad you enjoyed the game! Our tester scored over 6000 but she won't tell me her strategy (I think she hires orange workers and uses a ton of coffee). I'd be glad to have a small conversation with you if you have time. If you are up for it, please contact me (itch, ldjam, twitter, discord...). I speak French and I think you too?